If your business is mainly online, marketing is essential to make you known. To be more effective, you can use automation software. But do you know which ones to use? We present you the best marketing automation tool to help you make your choice!
Why use Marketing Automation
Automation includes all the techniques that allow you to automate actions in order to develop your network and engagement more quickly, especially on social networks.
These automated actions should facilitate your marketing while adapting to user behavior. This can for example be the sending of a confirmation email following a subscription to a newsletter. In this case, the email is sent automatically, and your new subscriber is sure to be well registered, both parties win!
What is automation? The definition
In computer science, we talk about automation when a process comes into play. Are you repeating a task manually and it’s taking up your time? Examples include sending personalized messages, emails 💌 and anything else that requires repetition of daily tasks.
Automation aims to reduce this human intervention and help you automate its tasks, thus saving you time since once you set your settings, the software will take care of doing the task for you minimizing errors.
Yes, it minimizes errors, because if you have set everything correctly, it will complete the task with the settings you have implemented yourself.
Features of a marketing automation platform
Of course, some features may vary from one marketing automation software to another, but in most cases, we will find similar elements.
So what are the ingredients for a good marketing automation software?
It has to allow you to optimize the relationship ❤️ with your customer. You automate but you don’t forget that your customers are real little human beings.
Here is the short list of features we need:
- CRM integration.
- Sending sequences of messages (personalized).
- Connect to social networks.
- Sending emails (for multi-channel prospecting).
- A dashboard (to have an eye on your current actions).
- A reporting system (so you know where you stand, and keep your 👁️ eye on your KPIs).
Criteria for choosing your marketing automation tool
There are so many marketing automation tools available that it is not always easy to make your choice. It is recommended that you pay attention to criteria such as :
- Functionality ⌨️: this is a basic criterion that is very important! Make sure that the tool you are testing offers a variety of features compared to the subscription you have chosen.
- The price 💵: you might be surprised by the price of the subscriptions! If you are interested in a software, but its subscription is high, take the time to test it. Most of them offer test versions for 15 days or 1 month. This is the ideal solution to ensure your investment.
- Ease of use ✅: if you have to spend too much time to understand how the software works, it might be interesting to compare other tools that might be much more adapted to your level and your use.
- Integration 🔗 : you will use several software products between email sending, management of the prospect’s file, programming on social networks. Some software can be synchronized to save you even more time!
- Your needs 💪🏻: it won’t be relevant to have an expensive software with many features if you only need a few elements. So take the time to identify what you really want to automate!
What are the 5 pillars of marketing automation?
Marketing automation is not done any old way. To satisfy ever more demanding customers, you will need to know the 5 pillars that make up marketing automation.
To be able to automate, you will need several things. Let’s talk about them now.
1: The importance of targeting
If you want to sell, you have to know who you are going to sell your product to. For that, you can’t miss an essential step: the creation of a persona. You need to know exactly who your ideal customer is. For this, we’ve created a guide that you can find right 👉 here.
Still, we’ll remind you what you need to have to create an out-of-the-box persona:
- Name and surname.
- Marital status.
- Place of residence.
- Position in the company.
- Consumption habits.
- His needs.
- His pain points.
- How your solution meets the needs of your lead.
- All the relevant information needed to develop your persona.
You have to be able to precisely target your target audience 🎯to be able to put your finger on their need, their habits, what would prevent them from buying your solution.
Once you have a well-established persona, you’ll have to do some segmentation. Yes, because you have your core target (so your solution will meet exactly what they need) and you have your secondary targets. You can therefore set up 1 to X profiles to best respond to each one.
2: Retain your audience
Once a customer is acquired, your approach does not stop there. You must also retain them so that they talk about it around them and especially so that they come back to use your solution again.
You’ve met his need, great. But if he doesn’t like your product because of bugs, poor customer service or because your solution is incomplete, you won’t see that customer again. And it will do the same with all the others.
So what do we do? We facilitate exchanges with our clients. We do not hesitate to ask what they would like to implement. So we collect feedback. Take the necessary time to pamper them so that the customer says to himself: “Yeah, this solution is great, they are interested in me, it is sure I will come back”.
3: A/B testing
In order to improve your conversion rate, it’s important to do A/B testing. We have by the way a complete guide right 👉 here. Indeed, to know what best fits your target you can try different CTAs, different buttons or even different colors.
The key is that it stays in correlation with your marketing tunnel. It is not because a customer buys from you that he will stay with you all his life. It is therefore necessary to understand how their needs evolve.
For this, you have the data collection and the A/B testing to help you increase your conversion rate.
4: Humanize your processes
It is true that we talk about automating everything. However, we must not forget that some tasks must be done manually (the creation of your persona) and above all we must not forget that we are talking to real human beings.
So how do we go about it? We determine the best way to meet the needs of our leads, we facilitate customer relationships, we think about differentiating ourselves from our competitors by thinking about our customers and offering them the best experience 😎 possible.
5: Analyze your results
How can you make decisions for the future if you don’t analyze your results? Data reporting is an essential step if you want your solution to be sustainable. If you want to know your ROI, there is no escaping it, reporting will be an obligation.
You can very well use Google Analytics if you want to measure the A/B tests you have done on your website, to see if your landing page is relevant, if you don’t have any shopping cart abandonment…
Measuring its performance will allow you to have a global vision of your marketing actions and if what you have done allows you to amortize your costs.
The 5 best marketing automation tools
Here you will find a brief presentation of the marketing automation tools that can be useful to you.
Waalaxy, a LinkedIn marketing automation tool
We’re off to a great start and present you with the must-have for your LinkedIn prospecting, Waalaxy. It’s strong points?
- The automatic visit of profiles,
- Sending personalized messages,
- Its dashboard is very easy to control,
- Lowest price for maximum efficiency,
- And above all, the scenario functionality. You create a sequence of actions to be automated according to your needs and your objective!
Podawaa, generate faster engagement on LinkedIn
Nothing better than a customizable tool to make your content known in no time at all. This tool allows you to generate a faster engagement without pretending to be a robot. Podawaa allows for example to :
- Customize your audience and change your pod,
- Generate comments inspired by those frequently used on LinkedIn,
- Preparing and scheduling your posts,
- Fully compatible with Waalaxy,
- Simulate human behavior to avoid being banned from LinkedIn.
Piwaa, the new LinkedIn messaging
- Export to your CRM and it’s perfect since Piwaa and Waalaxy are developed by Waapi!
- Pre-recorded answers,
- A more ergonomic interface than the LinkedIn messaging system,
- The ability to tag your prospects to find them easily,
- Automatic reminders.
By choosing the trio Waalaxy, Podawaa, Piwaa, you will be surprised by the time saved and the efficiency of your actions on LinkedIn. Do you have to automate other actions? Here are two other tools that can help you!
Hootsuite, to program
Hootsuite allows you to program your posts on different social networks such as :
From its dashboard, you can analyze your publications since you have access to the number of views, comments, shares, and you can reply to comments and messages directly from the platform.
Zapier, to connect
Zapier is an indispensable tool for connecting different applications. For example, you can make sure that attachments of a received email are automatically uploaded to Dropbox. Zapier is also compatible with many applications, such as :
- Google Drive,
The best automation tools for LinkedIn: Comparison
Automation tools for LinkedIn
||Customer service is very slow||From 25$ to 83$ per month.|
||No CRM integration.||From 0 to 44$ per user (and a customized plan for businesses) per month.|
||No multi-channel prospecting.||From 0 to 45$ per month.|
||No bypass of the LinkedIn limitation.||From 0 to 49€ per month.|
||Unlocking features still in progress.||From 0 to 64€ per month depending on your needs.|
Why use Waalaxy ?
It is true that we are preaching to our own parish but at the same time, Waalaxy is a great tool. The tool is complete, allows you to import your leads, send personalized messages, find emails, do multi-channel prospecting. We don’t know what else you need.
We will show you how to use this little gem to automate your message campaigns. Let’s go to Guingamp !
Message sequences for prospects
If you’ve never used or opened Waalaxy (already, how come?), we’ll show you step by step how to import your contacts and send them a message.
- Start by opening the chrome extension (if you’ve downloaded it, of course).
- Open your LinkedIn application (on a computer).
- Type your keyword in the search bar.
- Make sure you select “people” and the relationship level (because you can only send a message to people in your network on LinkedIn).
- Import your contacts into Waalaxy (just click on the little alien icon and follow the instructions).
- Then go to Waalaxy and click on “Prospects” and select the list you created (so you can see if your contacts have been imported).
- Click on “Start a campaign”.
- Choose the “Message” sequence.
- Name your campaign.
- Select “From my lists” and select the list you created and add the desired prospects.
- Name the template of your messages if you want.
- Launch your campaign.
Look at how the automation allows you to send several messages to different people in a totally personalized way. Know that you can enter the name, surname and company of the person (thanks to the variables available in the tool).
If you want more marketing tools, you might like this article > 9 social media tools for wordpress.
Marketing automation allows you to save time in your various time-consuming tasks ⏳. For this, various tools have emerged to improve the daily life of marketers.
We talked to you about :
Faq of the article : Marketing automation software
To help 🤩 you automate your prospecting or your marketing actions, there are many tools that will help you. We have mentioned 6 of them but there are many others.
Automation was created to facilitate certain extremely time-consuming and repetitive tasks.
Marketing automation with Hubspot
Thanks to this tool, you can boost your marketing automation. It boosts lead generation, allows you to better convert and include your data in your CRM.
You will be able to add forms, understand your prospect, consult their social media use behaviors…
Hubspot is a software that allows you to increase your website traffic and launch inbound marketing campaigns.
Emails in automation
Email is far from being a tool that is no longer fashionable. In fact, Denis Cohen, founder of Dropcontact, explains that it is better to start with cold mailing rather than trying to approach a prospect directly on LinkedIn.
In digital marketing, the interest is to be multi-channel (or at least to use automation tools allowing you to contact your customers on different channels).
If you contact someone only on LinkedIn or only by email, you are actually sabotaging your chances of reaching them on two different platforms, so you are halving your chances of reaching them.
Okay, but so what? When you send emails, you will be able to automate some things such as:
- Send a hyper-personalized message adapted to your audience.
- Set up an email reminder after a certain number of days without a response.
If you send several emails, the person is more likely to open this email.
We even advise you to send an email first, then 2 or more (if you don’t get a response) and then contact them on LinkedIn. You will have more chances to be noticed if you use several channels.
With this marketing automation tool list, you can now automate your tasks and generate leads much more easily! 😜