You don’t know how to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn ? 🚀
Don”t worry, in this article should help you. Read it to the end, apply the strategies and watch the results on your lead acquisition.
Why should you do LinkedIn lead generation?
There are multiple reasons as a marketer you can understand. Here they are:
- Attract more new leads and customers interested in your products.
- Reach your targets with messages that hit home.
- Understand the marketing automation of your digital actions.
- How to use the best acquisition levers on LinkedIn.
- Improve your B2B marketing strategy, marketing campaign and conversion rates through your sales funnel.
- Drive qualified traffic to your landing pages or website.
- Acquire more qualified customers and generating leads (lead gen).
- Develop your reputation on the b2b social network.
- Improve your ROI metric.
Let’s start by learning a little more about LinkedIn and how it’s your best friend for generating a consistent return on investment.
What does a “lead” mean in digital marketing?
In digital marketing, a lead presents itself as a potential customer. This is the stage he goes through before becoming a customer of yours.
Let’s say you’re going to start prospecting, you’re going to have contacts, maybe they’ll even visit your website. These people are leads. They have shown an interest or correspond to your target but have not yet carried out a conversion action with you.
How to do LinkedIn lead generation?
If you’re looking to generate new leads, then LinkedIn is the best B2B network for it. Here’s why.
LinkedIn is used by more than 180 million people every month in US.
You have people from mostly professions like:
But also more specific areas of professions like SEO strategy, copywriting, Google advertising. Now, you have to understand something relevant. Here it is.
What is “lead generation” on LinkedIn?
A B2B lead on LinkedIn is someone who has engaged with you in an interested manner on one of your posts or directly in a private message to learn more about you.
On LinkedIn, people are not your leads. They are simply strangers. But when someone responds to one of your posts, they enter another phase.
Let’s quickly recap the 3 states of a person between the unknown point and the transaction point.
- The discovery phase.
- The evaluation phase.
- The decision phase.
When they like your content or comment, it means that they have at least read your name and seen your picture 📷. And even better if they visited your LinkedIn profile.
A person becomes a lead when he is between the evaluation and decision phase. That is, they are aware of your expertise.
Now you have to make them aware of their problem (depending on your theme). And that’s your role: to start your LinkedIn prospecting campaign.
Now you know what a lead is on LinkedIn. Let’s see how to get one!
How to generate leads on LinkedIn in 9 steps ?
With over 800 million users worldwide, it has become a goldmine for generation high-quality leads and expanding your network. Whether you’re a seasoned salesperson, an entrepreneur, or a marketing enthusiast, harnessing the potential of LinkedIn can significantly boost your business growth. 📈
1. Optimize your LinkedIn profile
Optimizing your profile on LinkedIn should be your top priority.
What happens in your prospect‘s head if you don’t make a good impression? They won’t trust you.
You must evoke sympathy in the first 7 seconds when someone scans your LinkedIn profile. If the person doesn’t feel that you are caring, then they will leave, and you will leave a bad impression.
Remember this: first impressions definitely control the 5% of your relationship with a person. They can’t change their state.
And that 5% will even condition the other 95%. Don’t neglect the first impression.
But how do you create that goodwill? 😊
- Smile in your LinkedIn profile picture.
- Use emojis.
- Be positive in your LinkedIn posts and comments.
Transparency and honesty are also qualities to use.
The problem with some people on LinkedIn is that they seem nice. But when you dig deeper, you find out that they are not transparent with their community or potential clients.
- Fake degrees.
- Pompous LinkedIn titles.
- Exaggerated volunteer experiences.
Here’s what stands out the most when it comes to a lack of integrity on LinkedIn. But luckily there are solutions to boost your good side:
- Be authentic in your LinkedIn resume (experiences and education).
- Put your ego aside and don’t try to please everyone.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about your weaknesses and problems.
- Learn to say no when you can’t/won’t do something.
Building trust with your B2b network requires strong integrity on your part.
C) Professional skills
Being caring and having integrity is a great soft skill to highlight on your LinkedIn profile.
But it’s not enough.
You need to prove that you’re an expert in your field. 🤝
On LinkedIn, companies are increasingly looking for big shots in highly specialized areas. It’s also the best way to make a living, because as we know, a surgeon makes more than a generalist.
The problem with most entrepreneurs on LinkedIn is that they are too caring/integrated but don’t know how to sell themselves.
What are some solutions to prove your professional capabilities? How do you build confidence in your prospects through this pillar? 🤔
Here are some solutions.
- Show your client references in your LinkedIn banner.
- Be visible alongside other experts in your field.
- Give the impression of being unapproachable to your prospects.
Here you play on several very powerful cognitive biases to influence your potential customers. First and second, you use the authority principle. 👌
Third, the scarcity principle. 👌
Using these solutions, you will be able to:
- Convince your most wary prospects through logic.
- Persuade through the authority of others.
Optimize your LinkedIn profile and as you’ve seen, this means strengthening your goodwill, integrity and professional abilities as perceived by others.
Want to know more about how to optimize your Linkedin profile ? Click there. 👇🏼
D) Your banner: the awareness weapon on LinkedIn
- Create a LinkedIn banner with your company colors to create a strong branding.
- Explain in one sentence the value proposition (USP) of your product/service in the center of your banner and add your logo on it.
The purpose of your banner is to raise awareness about your offer. ✅
E) Your LinkedIn headline: the weapon of persuasion on LinkedIn
Optimizing your headline is very important to create a good LinkedIn profile. Here’s some tips to do so:
- Be punchy. It’s better to be short and impactful than long and boring. Having too much text in the title can make it seem like you’re trying too hard.
- Write the name of your post and the company you work for.
- Then write your mission in one sentence (to continue in the example: “Helping 100,000 companies boost their SEO”).
The purpose of your headline is to convey exactly who you are. ✅
2. Publish content in your main topic
How to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn with different types of content ?
Not all content created by a LinkedIn influencer is equal. Some work. Others don’t work at all.
In fact you’ll only know if you start a content-marketing strategy.
Let’s dive deeper into this technic.
Publishing content on LinkedIn is part of the inbound marketing strategy.
It allows you to create a stronger connection with your LinkedIn audience.
Implementing such a strategy allows you to do lead nurturing and thus attract new customers.
But there are certain types of content that work better than others. There are 4 of them, here they are:
- Content with high added value.
- Authority content.
- Inspirational content.
- Negativity content.
First, high-value content is where you deliver a lot of advice that is directly applicable to your audience‘s lives This can be:
- Articles with lists (example: 7 tips to find more clients on LinkedIn).
- Explanations on concepts of your theme.
Second, there is authority content. That is, content that will prove your credibility and legitimacy in your field. ✅
Here are some examples that work very well, they are your:
- Results with curves and numbers.
- Success stories with clients.
- Certifications or diplomas obtained.
Third, inspirational content.
The goal: use storytelling to convey emotions.
To do this:
- Tell about your worst problems.
- Talk about your successes.
These 4 types of posts are the ones that generate the most engagement and trust with you.
Vary them to make LinkedIn Lead Generation. 😉
How to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn with publish massively about a subject
Commenting on other people’s posts is good, creating your own content is better for expanding your customer base! 💥
If you really want to be seen as an authority figure in your field, then you need to create your personal brand on LinkedIn.
For example: I only publish in the SEO field.
The first step is to choose a topic and publish only in that theme. For example, if you are in the Facebook advertising business, don’t talk about gardening, cooking or real estate. Before you start, you need to understand who your personas are.
Who are your ideal customers? You need to understand:
- What are their interests?
- Their frustrations?
- Their dreams?
Then establish an editorial strategy on LinkedIn.
To do this, make posts of different kinds.
- Ranting posts.
- Value-added posts.
- Posts where you tell your story.
- Posts where you show your results.
If you are starting out, try to post once a day.
Then over time, move to 2-4 posts per week where you build up their quality.
3. Use a LinkedIn lead generation software
The solutions you have seen above work very well. But you can go further. Have you ever dream about having a sales person that works for all day and that you don’t need to pay? Well, this exist, and it’s called Waalaxy.
It permet you to create automated B2B lead generation campaigns on LinkedIn.
Now that you have applied the tips on the first point, you should generate trust in your prospect.
You are now in a position to create your digital strategy.
In this section, you will understand how to use LinkedIn to prospect effectively. As we all know today, the biggest problems for entrepreneurs are :
- A lack of time in their prospecting activity.
- Fear of not having enough customers ready to buy your offers.
- Low effectiveness of prospecting approaches.
Today that’s all over with Waalaxy. 👽
Our automated LinkedIn + Emailing prospecting tool is surely for you.
Why using Waalaxy ?
Because it allows you to:
- 🔵 Send personalized invitations to targeted people on LinkedIn.
- 🟣 Create marketing automation sequences via LinkedIn.
- 🔵 Finding your prospects’ email.
- 🟣 Send newsletters to your prospects.
How can Waalaxy help you save time in your business?
Follow this step-by-step tutorial: ⬇️
- Download the Waalaxy extension from the Chrome Store.
- Import dozens or hundreds of leads into the pre-built CRM.
- Create a campaign and name it.
- Choose the sequence “visit + invitation with personalized note”.
- Write your message.
- Launch the campaign.
You don’t have to do anything else! Waalaxy works for you. 🔥
You want to know more about it ? Check this video ! 👇🏼
Dozens of people, whom you have selected, will receive an automatic visit to their profile and then an invitation with a greeting.
So you create a good impression with one message at a time:
- 🥳 Enthusiastic.
- ⚡️ Energetic.
- 🏽🏼 Human-centered.
With Waalaxy, you can go even further with more advanced campaigns to find more people interested in your products and services. Try it now.
4. LinkedIn lead generation ads
You also have LinkedIn Ads that permit to generate more leads, but the very high cost per lead might challenge your sales and marketing strategy.
Indeed, boosting the number of leads with Linkedin Ads can be a powerful strategy when executed effectively.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use LinkedIn Ads to increase your leads :
- Define your goals.
- Set up a LinkedIn campaign manager account.
- Create a campaign.
- Define your target audience.
- Choose Ad format.
- Create compelling Ad creative.
- Set your budget.
- Bidding strategy.
- Design lead gen form.
- Start your campaign.
Quality audience and qualified leads
If you don’t know how to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn, you need to do what is called a persona. So you’ll need to know the demographics of the various professionals you’re targeting. Qualifying leads is also about segmentation.
Because yes, targeting the right people does take a little time but it’s a crucial step to get right. There are two ways to create a buyer persona:
- Create it from scratch based on the market research you’ve done beforehand.
- Or collect additional information when your solution is already in place, by means of questionnaires.
5. Create a sales funnel dedicated to LinkedIn Lead Generation
To boost your turnover, you need to set up a sales funnel. A sales funnel will allow you to organise your marketing strategy effectively by putting your customers first.
It is a succession of steps that makes a stranger become an ambassador 💓 (or at least a customer) to you. This will therefore allow you to visualise their journey.
For clarity, here is what it looks like.
You will make a stranger go through several phases:
- Your prospect has heard of you. They know you exist.
- He is interested in you, so he will start to look at what you have to offer.
- They will decide to buy from you.
- Finally, he will convert.
But think again because it doesn’t stop there ❌ since afterwards, you’ll have to maintain the link you have with him. This is the loyalty and lead nurturing phase. With a bit of luck, he will recommend you and he will become an ambassador for your brand.
When you nurture a relationship, it’s easier for your clients to remember you and talk about you.
To ensure that a customer reaches the end of the tunnel, don’t hesitate to use all the tools at your disposal as well as all the channels (social media for example) to achieve your goals. And you can also automate all this with marketing automation software. This is a good thing because we are going to talk about it now.
6. B2b leads linkedin : LinkedIn Live
Either you don’t know how to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn, you have to create a live event. We see more and more of them on LinkedIn live: live conferences. Also called lives, webinars, masterclasses… they are a great way to build trust.
There is something that can scare people. It is to buy something from someone who has never seen or heard.
Live events convey a lot more emotions than simple posts.
How to successfully find customers with lives? 🔴
First, you must choose a subject in your theme. Then turn it around a problem or a desire.
Let’s take an example. If you’re into copywriting, here’s what you could do.
- Do a survey on the subject of the article “3 tips to create a landing page that converts” (desire) or “3 mistakes to avoid that prevent your landing page from selling”.
- Observe the poll results when you get several dozen responses.
Very often, “problem” subjects are of course cold prospecting. “Want” topics on a community that knows you quite well.
By doing lives on LinkedIn, you will also generate trust by meeting the 3 parameters seen previously:
- 1️⃣ Benevolence.
- 2️⃣ Integrity.
- 3️⃣ Professional abilities.
7. Train yourself in copywriting and use it in your marketing messages
What is copywriting ? Have you ever heard that word? 🤔
Copywriting: the science of selling with words.
That is, writing to trigger a reaction, conversion or transaction in the person in front of you. The best content creators on LinkedIn understand this.
Copywriting is essential to grab readers’ attention and make sure they read to the end.
If there’s one thing you should remember about copywriting, it’s to use the AIDA framework in your marketing messages.
- A = Attention.
- I = Interest.
- D = Desire.
- A = Action.
Your messages should start with a strong hook that appeals to the reader (your target). Then, a part that arouses the interest of the person (and must have the impression to recognize himself).
Then, his desire (the benefits and features of your offer), and finally a clear call to action. If you want to learn about copywriting, you can follow these 3 people, true aces of the pen:
- Nina Ramen.
- Benoît Dubos.
- Thibault Louis.
They will help you write better and be more impactful.
8. Robert cialdini’s six methods of influence
This is one of the most important points. If you apply the tips in it, then you will create irresistible marketing around your personal or professional brand.
There are 6 levers of influence, explained in the book Influence and Manipulation by Robert Cliadini (professor of social psychology at the University of Arizona in the USA).
Here they are:
- The principle of reciprocity.
- The principle of authority.
- The principle of social proof.
- The principle of coherence.
- The principle of sympathy.
- The principle of scarcity.
Using reciprocity is simple to understand: the more you offer to your prospects/customers, the more they feel indebted in return. Be generous in sharing your knowledge, feedback, etc.
Authority is about linking your image to that of an expert who is recognized as trustworthy. For example: some brands use celebrities in their advertising. The goal: to transfer the popularity of these people to the brand. In the collective unconscious, this is a proof of trust.
Scarcity is certainly one of the most powerful influencing principles here. It consists in making your offer irresistible by playing on 3 factors: exclusivity,urgency and loss aversion (more importance to the pain of losing than to the pleasure of buying). For example: make a promotional offer for the first 5 customers, or limited in time. The goal: to trigger pressure to act quickly.
9. b2B lead generation : comment on others’ posts
You get it: to get people to trust you on LinkedIn, you need to work on your image. ✨ And commenting on others’ posts can help you build a generous, open, and professional image.
There are many people on LinkedIn who don’t dare to comment. Often, they are afraid of how others will look at them.
The stress of not knowing what their colleagues or boss thinks. If you are an entrepreneur, there are more advantages to commenting on other people’s posts than not doing so.
But what about and how can it help you generate customers on LinkedIn? 🤔
First, understand that you should always be in a positive mood if you comment.
The reason is simple: if you are negative, even if it is to help others, it will not be perceived as constructive but destructive.
- 🔵 Bring your advice in your theme.
- 🟣 Encourage content creators.
- 🔵 Do not denigrate the work of others (even if they are your competitors).
- 🟣 Avoid basic comments like “great post”.
Keep in mind that your comment should add value to the post, not the other way around. When you comment on LinkedIn, your close network sees that you have commented.
Your name and photo appear on their news feed, which can generate visits to your profile. And if you bring your expertise, you increase your notoriety.
What about a recap of the article How to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn?
As you can see, generating leads on LinkedIn is possible. However, you will have to use the 9 techniques learned in this article to stand out from the crowd. Indeed, the increasingly tough competition requires you to be more and more strategic. ♟️
Here are the 9 points to recap:
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Publish content in your main topic.
- Use a LinkedIn lead generation software.
- LinkedIn lead generation ads.
- Create a sales funnel dedicated to linkedin lead generation.
- B2b leads linkedin : LinkedIn Live.
- Train yourself in copywriting and use it in your marketing messages.
- Robert cialdini’s six methods of influence.
- b2B lead generation : comment on others’ posts.
Frequently asked questions
What is LinkedIn Campaign Manager?
LinkedIn Campaign Manager is LinkedIn’s advertising management tool. It helps you create and launch “LinkedIn Ads” advertising campaigns and evaluate their performance.
How to do B2B lead generation on LinkedIn ?
As we said before, there is few steps to do b2b lead generation on LinkedIn :
- Optimize your Linkedin Profile.
- Identify your target audience.
- Build a network.
- Join and Participate in Linkedin groups.
- Create and share valuable content.
- Utilize Linkedin Sales Navigator.
- Analyze and Adjust.
How do I generate 500% more B2B leads on Linkedin ?
While achieving such a significant increase may take time and consistent effort, here are some advanced strategies that can help you work towards this goal :
- Target audience segmentation.
- Leverage audience segmentation.
- A/B testing.
- Content marketing strategy.
- LinkedIn lead gen forms.
- Remarketing campaigns.
- Engage with groups and communities.
- LinkedIn events and webinars.
- Collaborate with influencers.
- Email marketing integration.
- Sales and marketing alignment.
You now know how to generate b2b leads on LinkedIn ! 🚀