You have a business and are looking to do Lead Generation on LinkedIn. 🚀
Maybe you’re just starting out, or you just want to find more customers through your LinkedIn audience.
In this article, you will understand everything about LinkedIn lead generation. 🔥
Why should you do LinkedIn lead generation?
There are multiple reasons as a marketer you can understand. Here they are:
- Attract more new leads and customers interested in your products.
- Reach your targets with messages that hit home.
- Understand the marketing automation of your digital actions.
- How to use the best acquisition levers on LinkedIn.
- Improve your marketing strategy, marketing campaign and conversion rates through your sales funnel.
- Drive qualified traffic to your landing pages or website.
- Acquire more qualified customers and generating leads (lead gen).
- Develop your reputation on the b2b social network.
- Improve your ROI metric.
Let’s start by learning a little more about LinkedIn and how it’s your best friend for generating a consistent return on investment.
What does a “lead” mean in digital marketing?
In digital marketing, a lead presents itself as a potential customer. This is the stage he goes through before becoming a customer of yours.
Let’s say you’re going to start prospecting, you’re going to have contacts, maybe they’ll even visit your website. These people are leads. They have shown an interest or correspond to your target but have not yet carried out a conversion action with you.
How to generate leads thanks to LinkedIn?
If you’re looking to market to businesses, then LinkedIn is the best B2B network for it. Here’s why.
LinkedIn is used by more than 180 million people every month in US.
You have people from mostly professions like:
But also more specific areas of professions like SEO, copywriting, Google advertising. Now, you have to understand something relevant. Here it is.
What is “lead generation” on LinkedIn?
A lead on LinkedIn is someone who has engaged with you in an interested manner on one of your posts or directly in a private message to learn more about you.
On LinkedIn, people are not your leads. They are simply strangers. But when someone responds to one of your posts, they enter another phase.
Let’s quickly recap the 3 states of a person between the unknown point and the transaction point.
- The discovery phase.
- The evaluation phase.
- The decision phase.
When they like your content or comment, it means that they have at least read your name and seen your picture 📷. And even better if they visited your LinkedIn profile.
A person becomes a lead when he is between the evaluation and decision phase. That is, they are aware of your expertise.
Now you have to make them aware of their problem (depending on your theme). And that’s your role: to start your LinkedIn prospecting campaign.
Now you know what a lead is on LinkedIn. Let’s see how to get one!
How to generate leads on LinkedIn? 7 Lead Generation Methods on LinkedIn
To generate leads on LinkedIn, you have several methods.
- Through content creation.
- By prospecting in private messages.
But before you can start a prospecting strategy on LinkedIn, you need to go through a crucial step. Without it, you’ll dramatically reduce your marketing conversions.
Here it is…
1. Optimiez your LinkedIn profile
Having an optimized LinkedIn profile is so important. Without it, forget about sales.
Because you’re not going to simultaneously elicit all 3 elements of trust building.
- Showcasing your capabilities.
You can have a profile with your most beautiful smile and an important honesty.
But if you don’t put forward your certifications, diplomas, experiences, results: then you won’t trigger enough trust in the visitors’ mind.
Here is a series of tips directly applicable in your company to take care of your LinkedIn profile…
Your banner: the awareness weapon on LinkedIn
- Create a LinkedIn banner with your company colors to create a strong branding.
- Explain in one sentence the value proposition (USP) of your product/service in the center of your banner and add your logo on it.
The purpose of your banner is to raise awareness about your offer. ✅
Your LinkedIn headline: the weapon of persuasion on LinkedIn
- Be punchy. It’s better to be short and impactful than long and boring. Having too much text in the title can make it seem like you’re trying too hard.
- Write the name of your post and the company you work for.
- Then write your mission in one sentence (to continue in the example: “Helping 100,000 companies boost their SEO”).
The purpose of your headline is to convey exactly who you are. ✅
2. Publish content in your main topic
Types of content for Lead Generation on LinkedIn
Not all content is created equal on LinkedIn. Some work. Others don’t work at all.
In fact you’ll only know if you start publishing content.
Publishing content on LinkedIn is part of the inbound marketing strategy.
It allows you to create a stronger connection with your LinkedIn audience.
Implementing such a strategy allows you to do lead nurturing and thus attract new customers.
But there are certain types of content that work better than others. There are 4 of them, here they are:
- Content with high added value.
- Authority content.
- Inspirational content.
- Negativity content.
First, high-value content is where you deliver a lot of advice that is directly applicable to your audience‘s lives This can be:
- Articles with lists (example: 7 tips to find more clients on LinkedIn).
- Explanations on concepts of your theme.
Second, there is authority content. That is, content that will prove your credibility and legitimacy in your field. ✅
Here are some examples that work very well, they are your:
- Results with curves and numbers.
- Success stories with clients.
- Certifications or diplomas obtained.
Third, inspirational content.
The goal: use storytelling to convey emotions.
To do this:
- Tell about your worst problems.
- Talk about your successes.
These 4 types of posts are the ones that generate the most engagement and trust with you.
Vary them to make LinkedIn Lead Gen. 😉
How to successfully find leads by publishing content?
Once you’ve built your editorial plan, you can take it to the next level.
How do you do it?
By using the best technique to generate leads on LinkedIn.
Here it is: make a catchy post where you promise a free resource (PDF, videos…) to people who comment on your post.
Then, you scrape those profiles with our Waalaxy tool and export them to our CRM You can then contact them later to create a link and sell your offers.
Why is this method so effective? 🤔
Because by having people comment, you boost the reach of your LinkedIn post.
This therefore creates virality and therefore you get more leads.
Also, you can put the link to your landing page at the bottom of each post for the most interested.
2. Create a lead generation campaign
The solutions you have seen above work very well. But you can go further. For this, you can create automated lead generation campaigns on LinkedIn.
Here are the benefits of designing and activating LinkedIn Lead Generation campaigns:
- Save time on prospecting.
- High performance LinkedIn targeting.
- Effective and massive marketing actions.
And all this you can do with Waalaxy. 👌
- Save you time with automated prospecting.
- Win more customers with massive, targeted prospecting.
And most importantly Waalaxy has a database built into the tool. So you don’t need to link our tool with a third party tool with Zapier.
We encourage you to test our Waalaxy tool for free for 7 days.Discover Waalaxy 🪐
We trust our software because :
- We offer multi-channel prospecting for maximum performance.
- We put a lot of emphasis on the user experience (UX).
- It’s totally secure for your LinkedIn.
- The tool is constantly being improved.
- There’s customer support via chat.
- The best part thanks to our engineers, you can exceed the 100 weekly invitations imposed by LinkedIn without risk to your LinkedIn account! 💪
With Waalaxy, you will create marketing campaigns like never before.
- Reach your ideal clients.
- Generate leads with just a few clicks.
- Use automated marketing to save time.
- Bring potential customers easily into your conversion funnel.
All this is possible with Waalaxy.
4. Boost your number of leads with LinkedIn Ads
You also have LinkedIn Ads for prospecting, but the very high acquisition costs might challenge your sales and marketing strategy.
Here is a video that can help you if you are wondering “how to generate a lead on LinkedIn?” and give you some tactics :
Also, you can use our tool Waalaxy to prospect automatically on LinkedIn and Emailing marketing. Visiting profile, sending messages, and more.
Waalaxy is free and you can see pricing for all plans.
Quality audience and qualified leads
To generate leads, you need to do what is called a persona. So you’ll need to know the demographics of the various professionals you’re targeting. Qualifying leads is also about segmentation.
Because yes, targeting the right people does take a little time but it’s a crucial step to get right. There are two ways to create a persona:
- Create it from scratch based on the market research you’ve done beforehand.
- Or collect additional information when your solution is already in place, by means of questionnaires.
5. Create a sales funnel
To boost your turnover, you need to set up a sales funnel. A sales funnel will allow you to organise your marketing strategy effectively by putting your customers first. It is a succession of steps that makes a stranger become an ambassador 💓 (or at least a customer) to you. This will therefore allow you to visualise their journey.
For clarity, here is what it looks like.
You will make a stranger go through several phases:
- Your prospect has heard of you. They know you exist.
- He is interested in you, so he will start to look at what you have to offer.
- They will decide to buy from you.
- Finally, he will convert.
But think again because it doesn’t stop there ❌ since afterwards, you’ll have to maintain the link you have with him. This is the loyalty and lead nurturing phase. With a bit of luck, he will recommend you and he will become an ambassador for your brand.
When you nurture a relationship, it’s easier for your clients to remember you and talk about you.
To ensure that a customer reaches the end of the tunnel, don’t hesitate to use all the tools at your disposal as well as all the channels (social media for example) to achieve your goals. And you can also automate all this with marketing automation software. This is a good thing because we are going to talk about it now.
6. Host LinkedIn Live Events
We see more and more of them on LinkedIn live: live conferences. Also called lives, webinars, masterclasses… they are a great way to build trust.
There is something that can scare people. It is to buy something from someone who has never seen or heard.
Live events convey a lot more emotions than simple posts.
How to successfully find customers with lives? 🔴
First, you must choose a subject in your theme. Then turn it around a problem or a desire.
Let’s take an example. If you’re into copywriting, here’s what you could do.
- Do a survey on the subject of the article “3 tips to create a landing page that converts” (desire) or “3 mistakes to avoid that prevent your landing page from selling“.
- Observe the poll results when you get several dozen responses.
Very often, “problem” subjects are of course cold prospecting. “Want” topics on a community that knows you quite well.
By doing lives on LinkedIn, you will also generate trust by meeting the 3 parameters seen previously: benevolence, integrity, professional abilities.
Now you’re going to see the #1 LinkedIn skill if you want to maximize your impact, reach more people, and find more new clients…
7. Train yourself in copywriting and use it in your marketing messages
Copywriting. Have you ever heard this word? 🤔
Copywriting: the science of selling with words.
That is, writing to trigger a reaction, conversion, or transaction in the person opposite.
The best content creators on LinkedIn have understood this.
Copywriting is essential to grab readers’ attention and keep them reading you to the end.
If you have to remember one thing in copywriting, it’s to use the AIDA framework in your marketing messages.
- A = Attention.
- I = Interest.
- D = Desire.
- A = Action.
Your messages should start with a strong hook that appeals to the relevant reader (your target).
Then, a part that arouses the interest of the person (and must have the impression of recognizing themselves).
Next, their desire (the benefits and features of your offer), and finally a clear call to action.
If you want to train in copywriting, you can follow these 3 people (in France), real aces of the pen:
- Nina Ramen.
- Benoit Dubos.
- Thibault Louis.
They will help you write better and be more impactful.
Copywriting is super powerful for finding the right clients. Train yourself and use it.
Conclusion: Lead Generation on LinkedIn
You got it, generating leads on LinkedIn: it’s possible. However, you will need to use the 5 techniques learned in this article in order to stand out. Indeed, the increasingly tough competition requires to be more and more strategist. ♟️
Here are some tips to recap:
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile.
- Publish massively in a specific theme.
- Create a sequence with Waalaxy.
- Organize events.
- Train yourself in copywriting and use it in your marketing messages.
Now you know how to use LinkedIn to generate leads! 🚀
How to do lead generation with Waalaxy?
If you’ve been following this article, you know that you’ll need to create a persona, and then start thinking about your sales strategy. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to search for your little prospects on LinkedIn, by using Waalaxy. 👽 By the way, do you know that it is easier to sell on LinkedIn? It is because it is a platform based on trust. It’s much more easier to speak with the decision-maker.
You will :
- Use the title of their profile.
- Search 🔎 by company.
- Segment your targets.
- Clean up your lists.
(Note that you can use Sales Navigator for even more precise targeting 🎯). Once you’ve done that, you can start contacting your prospects on LinkedIn. It’s not about doing it any old way. You need to put yourself in your prospects’ shoes and address their needs.
The form of the message
In order to set up that interests your prospects, you must think about :
- Add value to your message.
- Show that you are interested in your target, so don’t talk about yourself.
- Be clear and concise in what you say.
- Personalise your messages.
To send a message with Waalaxy, it is very simple.
Start by starting a campaign, you can choose to send a message (bear in mind that you are sending a message to people who are already in your network) and then :
- Name your campaign.
- Select the prospects.
- Write your message.
- Confirm and start your campaign.
FAQs of the article
How much does Waalaxy cost?
Waalaxy comes in a free version! You can use it to prospect for free. For subscription prices, please visit the Waalaxy pricing page.
How much time can I save by automating my prospecting?
You will save several hours per week. In fact, you just need to spend a few minutes to create your campaign on Waalaxy. Then our tool works to bring you qualified leads.
What is LinkedIn Campaign Manager?
LinkedIn Campaign Manager is LinkedIn’s advertising management tool. It helps you create and launch “LinkedIn Ads” advertising campaigns and evaluate their performance. To learn more about LinkedIn Ads, please see our comprehensive guide. 👈
Now you have all the keys to do Lead Generation on LinkedIn! 🔥