Do you want to have the best LinkedIn banner and stand out on the network? This is the place to do it! 😜 In this article, you’ll find several key points:
- How to build your LinkedIn cover photo LinkedIn banner size colors, logo.
- The important points to put forward on your banner to triple your visibility on LinkedIn to find clients !
- How to catch the eye with expert tips.
- The tools that allow you to create a banner quickly without graphic skills.
- A video Tutorial to guide you from A to Z. 🥰
- Follow our tips to create a beautiful profile picture to go with your LinkedIn banner!
Why put up a LinkedIn banner?
Firstly, it’s important to lay the groundwork, what are you going to need to make the most beautiful LinkedIn cover photo ? 😍
LinkedIn banner: useful info
- A strategy web marketing strategy! What is your target? Your message? Your products? What are your values?
- Quality visuals or/and images (made by your graphic designer or retrieved online. I’ll explain how a little further down).
- A banner creation software: Photoshop or Canva for example.
- A color palette ? — Carefully selected, according to your company’s graphic charter.
- The image size of your LinkedIn cover: 1584 × 396 pixels wide (optimal image dimensions).
- The format of the LinkedIn banner: 8 MB maximum. (JPEG, GIF, or PNG format).
How to create my LinkedIn cover page according to my target?
It is very simple. 😊 Just put yourself in the shoes of a LinkedIn user you want to attract to the network. This means you need to know who you are addressing and how you are going to do it. Your message needs to be clear and understood at a glance. 👀
- Who are you? LinkedIn is a social network. On your LinkedIn profile page you will give a first impression of who you are, users want to see your personality, your “identity” above all. They want to talk to a human being, with whom they exchange and discuss solutions.
- What is your value proposition? What is your catchphrase? Highlight what you provide to others on the network (expertise, advice). How do you add value to other users?
Write down these two pieces of information on a draft. ✍ This represents your “personal branding” and your (or your company’s) values.
- Who does this value proposition benefit? Note your primary target audience? — The more detail, the better!
- What are your target’s codes on the network? Observe them! If they are marketers, what are the keywords that speak to them? If they are recruiters – What skills are they looking for?
Write this information down as well, it will help you draw out the main points of your message. 📩
In order to show you some examples of existing banner templates, I have selected quite different banners according to distinct target. 🎯
Shall we take a closer look? 🧐
LinkedIn banner in human resources
On the side of EY, recruiting is very serious. 🤓 And it shows right away on their LinkedIn ready banner. They recruit senior profiles, with a big professional experience on the resume, usually the profiles come with the tie, suit and leather briefcase. 💼
As a result, the banner, it totally resembles the values and the target of the company. It is sober, highlights the ambition of the company “change the world”. 🌎
You can also see the colors of the company: yellow and black. 🖤
On Plezi’s side, it’s more of an atmosphere 🥳 :
We’re young startups, come to us! You’ll be drinking keg beer and having after parties on the beach.
So you can see, there’s no perfect banner, you’re going to have to tailor it to your target! 🏹
Clearly here, the goal is to recruit junior profiles – developers and other tech jobs. 🤖
It makes sense at first glance, and that’s what I’m going to teach you to do in this article⚡ – hit your target!
LinkedIn banner in social media marketing
It’s not just recruitment that deserves its section, so I’ll quickly show you another example. ✌️
We put forward the graphic charter and the visuals made by our lovely web-designer, Pauline. 😘
Also, you can easily see that we have 4 products, which correspond to the colorful ostriches – This is surely the best animal totem and logo in the world! 🦄
Also, these colors are dynamic and to the graphic chart. 🌈 By reading the text, you understand what we do and our value proposition – it’s quick and effective.
Original LinkedIn banner
You’re probably wondering: what to put on my LinkedIn profile cover? What LinkedIn cover photo can I create with my little fairy fingers? 🧚
Tailor your LinkedIn banner image to your industry. The more personalized your banner is and showcases your work, the more it will to enhance the LinkedIn profile – your brand image. ✨
Stand out from the crowd! Be different. Be yourself 😉
Tip: avoid design templates, seen and seen again. 👎
Think about replaying a LinkedIn carousel to attract visitors to your LinkedIn personal profile! 🎠
What photo to put in the LinkedIn background?
- First, you should always respect the format. The banner size is defined, and it’s not for nothing – avoid the cropping that will “break” the intended effect of the header image.
- Don’t write a pavement! There are other sections on your LinkedIn account designed for this purpose (about section, articles posts). The web banner is for pretty, colorful cover images.
- Don’t put too much information: make it clean and pleasant to look at.
Let’s take the example of a freelancer who wants to stand out from other graphic designers by highlighting his creations. 🤩
There’s a little too much information for my taste. Prefer a content a little more worked, a flash banner, with little but relevant information. 👌
Especially if you work in “aesthetics” like designers for example. You need to show that you have taste, don’t put everything, it’s essential. 💯
Visuals for your LinkedIn banner
Not everyone has the skills or budget to create visuals. 🙈 So I found you some cool alternatives.
You have two options:
- You can ask for a quote from a professional if you want something very specific, which you will decline for the company’s social networks.
- Furthermore, you can go to specialized sites and create a banner easily yourself.
Let’s look at the second option together. 🤗
There are two types of social media images:
- Vector ones, more of the “virtual drawings” type: you can download some for free on Pixabay or Freepix – which are safe websites, you can find thousands of free vectors there.
- Professional cover photos: Pixabay and Unsplash offer good quality banner images, but be careful with copyrights. (You can then resize them easily).
Essential tools for the layout of your banner
Once you have defined your target and your message, since you have found the colors and profile images that correspond to the added value you want to convey, you are ready! 👏
You will need a design tool to perfect your banner : Photoshop, Illustrator or Canva depending on your affinity. 😄
How to make a LinkedIn banner with Canva?
In our house, Canva is the king. 👑 We love using the tool and recommend it, especially if you’re not skilled in graphic design, it’s super easy to use.
It gives you right away the ideal size for your media image, for all different sizes of visuals (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn networks…). It’s super convenient, so you don’t get confused. ✅
How to add a banner on LinkedIn? 8 steps to follow in Canva
- Go to Canva : click on “create a design”.
- Then on “LinkedIn banner”.
- Drag and drop the selected images and visuals.
- Add text (adapted to your graphic charter).
- Then manage the layout and colors and save.
- Go to LinkedIn.
- Click on the background-image, then on “edit”,
- Then simply upload the image that you have just created.
If you want to test this banner maker tool, you can follow here a direct link to the tutorial to use it and become a pro at creating a LinkedIn banner. 🥸
What cover photo size to use for LinkedIn?
Here is a pretty cool tool to compress, transform, convert and manage pixel size IloveIMAGE. 💕
It is free and very easy to use. You just have to add a photo of your choice of your choice and follow the steps. 👇
There you go, you now have all the keys in hand as well as the best tools to create an amazing cover image! 🗝️
Don’t hesitate to connect with us on LinkedIn, so we can see your best LinkedIn banners. 🤠
How to change LinkedIn banner?
Changing your LinkedIn banner is super, super easy! 😅
- Now that you have your cover image, go to your LinkedIn profile and in the banner section, click on the little pen at the top to change it.
- Next, click “Edit Photo” to upload the profile image you created!
- Finally, make adjustments if necessary, and click “Use” to update the cover image.
And that’s it, your new custom banner will be added to your LinkedIn profile. 🌠
Pretty easy, right? 🙏
FAQ summarized from the article
How to create a professional LinkedIn banner for free?
- Define your target, your message and your “personal touch”.
- Use the right techniques: clear, uncluttered visuals, easy to understand message at a glance!
- Use the right tools to add an illustration image and make a montage: Pixabay, Canva, IloveIMG.
- Make sure you have the optimal size for your visual – How big? 1584 × 396 pixels.
- Make sure the resolution of the image is top-notch!
Which tools to create my LinkedIn banner?
- To collect royalty-free images: Unsplash, Pixabay, Freepix.
- To adjust the image sizes : IloveIMG.
- To make a collage: Canva.
Now you know how to get started on creating a LinkedIn banner. 🎉
If you want to go further and create an optimal profile, here is how to boost your LinkedIn profile to the max. 🚀