How to create a LinkedIn carousel?
LinkedIn is a social network intended for B2B players, and it is full of useful features and possibilities that are not always exploited or known by its users. Here’s one: the LinkedIn carousel.
Why create a carousel?
While carousels are used more and more by brands and seasoned LinkedIn users, many still do not know this format and its value, namely, to optimize the dwell time of the LinkedIn algorithm. A carousel will allow you to:
- Generate more engagement on your post.
- Boost the visibility and interactions on your post.
- Drive more traffic to your LinkedIn profile.
- Increase your fame on social media.
- Increase your click-through rate on advertising links to your website.
- Target the average customer during your end of carousel call.
Here, we will speak about the free format, which is accesible by all, and not the advertising format that can be found in the LinkedIn campaign manager.
Very simple, even if the process may seem strange; you have to go through the creation of a PDF document and share this document before publishing it:
- Start by creating a PDF of several pages that will correspond to the different slides of your carousel on LinkedIn. We invite you to optimize the creation of your slides to maximize the impact of your message. Do not hesitate to use different colors for your messages or to add images to your text.
- Then go to your post and click on the document icon to the right of the post creation interface. By clicking on it, you can then “Share a document” which will allow you to add the PDF document that you have created and then turn it into a carousel.
- Click on the icon.
- Download the document you want to turn into a LinkedIn carousel to support your post.
Once chosen, you can share the document that will turn into a LinkedIn carousel. Don’t forget to optimize your post with a catchy ad and hashtags to improve the reach.
- Text: use few characters on your banners, around 200.
- Introduction: to avoid text being cut off on mobile devices, have a clear and concise introduction, between 100 and 150 characters.
- Images: relevant, high quality and few images. An average of 5 to 6 is recommended. You can go up to 10-12 images if they are relevant.
- File size: 10 MB maximum.
- Recommended image format: 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- Accepted image type: JPG, PNG. You can put GIFs (without animation), but be careful about the quality.
- CTA(call to action): If you want to add a link for your advertising operation, this clickable link cannot exceed 30 characters.
Check out the full guide to boosting your sales on LinkedIn. 🚀
Our dear UX Designer, Pauline Beauté 😘 has created a quick guide on how to make carousels on LinkedIn, according to her proven experience with +1 million views!
Here is the link to her LinkedIn post, where she gives all the details. On her profile, you’ll find several examples of carousels you can replicate, as well as the tools and tricks she uses to create them.🔥
If you’re wondering how you can increase your engagement rate on LinkedIn without diving head over heels into video? 📹
Then you can start sharing your expertise via LinkedIn carousel posts, which can help you generate new opportunities for your (personal) brand or business. 💼
Whether you decide to share how-to articles, repurpose blog content, share infographics, and more. LinkedIn carousel formatted posts are a powerful way to bring the community together and share your knowledge for the benefit of all! 🤲
Remember to pay special attention to design, layout like dark mode, and structure. Only then can you take full advantage of this wonderful means of communication. 🌈
FAQ of the article
What tools should I use to create a LinkedIn carousel?
With Canva, you will immediately have the ideal size for your post image, for all the different sizes of visuals (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn networks, etc.). It’s super convenient, so you can’t go wrong. ✅
👉 Also, you can follow this tutorial on how to create creative content on LinkedIn for more tips:
Can you make LinkedIn Ads in carousel format?
Yes, you can make LinkedIn Ads in carousel format too! 🤩
LinkedIn Carousel Ads allow you to tell an interactive story to your audience to drive them to take action. Get the most out of your campaigns by following these best practices for setting goals, creating effective content, and proving the value of Carousel Ads. 😏
That’s it, now you know all the tricks to create a beautiful LinkedIn carousel! 🥰