LinkedIn Sales Campaign: Best practices with ProspectIn
In this article, we will see how you can boost your B2b sales campaign LinkedIn. And this, thanks to 8 key points very simple to set up with ProspectIn!
What are the key points to succeed in your prospecting campaign?
- 🥇 Know your target, focus on quality above all!
- 🕵️ Know how to do a good prospect search on LinkedIn.
- 🧨 Find your target on the network, then export it to your ProspectIn CRM.
- 🤑 Find the automated prospecting campaign that will allow you to turn a maximum number of prospects into customers.
- 💖 Best practices to launch your first campaigns: quotas, scenarios, triggers.
- 💌 Write your prospecting messages in an ultra-qualitative way to triple your chances of success.
- 🚀 How to make A/B tests on ProspectIn to be in constant growth.
- 🎉 Analyze your results, repeat the operation, touch the stars, go to the moon, or Hawaii, as you wish!
The first thing to do before even talking about automating your actions via ProspectIn is to understand who you are targeting, what your goal is and how we will achieve it. So, shall we get started?
What is the target audience of this marketing campaign?
To know your target, you need to understand who you are talking to and create a persona :
- How many people are on LinkedIn?
- My prospects are international, from the US only…?
- What is their function within the company (are you talking to sales representatives, communications managers, recruiters…).
- Which generation are they from? (In order to adapt your communication.)
- What are they doing on the network? (Are they active or rather passive?)
Once you have a maximum of information about one of your targets, do the same exercise on all of them. You need to be able to create different prospecting campaigns per target.
Once you have determined each of your targets, you will be able to search for them on LinkedIn. 🕵️
For pity’s sake, and for the good of all! Don’t start telling yourself that you’re going to target everyone on the network and you’ll see who will respond.
To quote our sublime Head of Support,
“A CRM with more than 10000 prospects does not make you a prospecting expert, but a spammer.”
You will have to segment your search on the network and I’ll tell you why right away. 👇
How to do a good lead search on LinkedIn?
Since this is a very important and complete subject, we have prepared 2 key articles on the subject:
- If you are using the Sales Navigator, here is the article that is made for you.
- If you are using the simple LinkedIn search function (the one that’s free and available to everyone), then read this instead.
What to remember in broad outline
I made here a little summary for those who were a bit too lazy to read the articles on the LinkedIn search 👆 (yes you, with the glasses, I am talking about you 🤓!)
- With the Sales Navigator, you have access to a maximum of 2,500 leads per search, with the classic search, you have access to 1,000 leads. This means that you will have to segment your searches using filters. It’s not going to be complicated for you, because you’ve defined very precisely your targets just before you’ve started. 😜
- It’s better to have 100 highly qualified prospects than 1,000 randomly selected. Don’t forget that you are going to write to them, you will have to adapt your speech, don’t aim for volume: what is needed is that in each prospecting campaign, your prospects are similar: same jobs and status in the company, same needs, why not same type of company as well. The more they look alike, the more relevant your prospecting messages will be.
- Once your search has been carried out, always check if it worked well by looking at the first two pages: location, job titles, number of results, and any other criteria that you may have forgotten?
More ways to find prospects with ProspectIn
We compiled in one article all the different ways to find your prospects on the network and export them in your CRM.
In this article, there are 11 examples listed, it’s very interesting for your sales strategy, you must read it!
Here is a small preview of the types of exports you will find in this tutorial:
Now that your search is perfect ✨, let’s launch us into a super-optimized lead generation campaign. Ready to be automation champion?
How to sort your sales campaigns with ProspectIn?
The first thing to do when you have completed your search is to create a new campaign. Your prospects will be then listed in the CRM in different prospecting files.
To find these campaigns in ProspectIn, there is nothing simpler.
I show you the step to follow here :
- Click on the arrow to the right of “default campaign”.
- Scroll down until you find the campaign that suits you.
It’s super important not to put all your prospects in the same campaign or you have no idea who’s in it. As a reminder: your segmentation will be key to your success and will really help you to boost customers acquisition.
There are several things you need to know about LinkedIn, if you are launching a marketing and sales campaign on the network for the first time.
First of all, he is not a big fan of automated actions. Don’t panic, we do it every day and everything goes well. It’s completely legal, simply, you have to learn how to tame the machine. 🤠
Adjust Your Quotas
In order for LinkedIn to be completely oblivious of your actions, here are the 3 essential points that you will need to start with before launching your campaign. (Go to your settings.)
- Active days: which days will your account automatically prospect?
- Active hours: adapt it to your prospect’s schedule. If you want to acquire new international markets, you can adapt the schedules according to the chosen country during the whole sales campaign.
- Maximum quotas: so that LinkedIn doesn’t notice anything. 🤫
If you are a beginner : Go easy on quotas. 🧘 (Especially if your LinkedIn account is new and you have less than 250 relationships on the network).
Once you have launched a few campaigns are active enough on the network and have been able to create about 500 new connections through ProspectIn, increase the pace 🏃 :
Then, after you’ve got +1,000 connections and your prospecting efforts have paid off, you can boost quotas to their maximum. 🚀
How to run a successful sales campaign LinkedIn?
In order to succeed in your commercial campaign, I will give you some precious advice to reach your objectives. 🎯
Write Your Best Prospecting Messages
Build a trustful costumer relationship! A first message is a bit like a pitch, either you are convincing and your contact wants to know more, or you have completely confused him and therefore lost him. 😿
Our ingenious CO-founder, has written an article especially dedicated to what to do and what not to do in your prospecting messages.
First of all, I think that you should contact your prospects in order to start a conversation and not to sell a product. LinkedIn is a very popular social network and if you are looking to sell right away, you might get some pretty violent rejections. Take the time to bring up the subject, make sure people know you first.
If you want to know more about Guillaume’s miracle techniques (more than 30,000 customers in less than 2 years, there’s enough to call him an expert there. 😱) , here’s where to find the information.
Finding the Right Scenario for Your Sales Campaigns LinkedIn
Scenarios: these are the automated actions in which you will “send” your prospects. That is to say that these actions will be carried out consecutively, and this for each prospect of your campaigns.
There are as many scenarios as there are creative and crazy ideas within our teams. ✨
I’ll let you take a look at some of the most popular ones:
If you’re not sure you understand how to set it up, we have a 5-minute tutorial that explains how they work in detail. 👈
You can also follow the “help” that we have scattered around to make the sales tool more enjoyable to use. 💖
By clicking on the scenarios, then on “I want…” in the search bar, you have access to several options depending on what you wish to accomplish during your sales campaign.
Finally, by selecting the filters, you can determine the maximum number of actions (the more actions, the longer it will take for your campaigns to finish). You can also choose the type of automated actions: (invitation, messages, views…).
There you go, you can run your pretty scenarios and see what happens. 😁
Do A/B Testing
- What is A/B Testing?
It is a test performed on a segment (usually 100 people). It allows you to evaluate two different methods. It can be two different methods of making contact, two different scenarios… In order to carry them out properly, you have to take the same target! Each target meets different needs, so it would not be relevant to take two different ones for a test.
- What are we analyzing?
We are looking for indicators that prove that one technique works better than another. If you have a 15% higher acceptance rate with a friendlier and shorter approach on the same target, then you can choose this catchphrase for your entire campaign and maximize your conversions. 🎯
- Why is this important?
Information is the key. 🔑 Your customer search must always be qualitative. Knowing the trends, the reactions of your contacts will improve your long therm prospecting method.
If you are curious and want to understand how A/B testing was implemented at our company, we have condensed everything into a complete study.
Analyze your sales results
Once your first campaign has been completed, it is imperative that you check your results to understand what happened.
What is your acceptance rate? What is your response rate? (You can see this automatically on ProspectIn).
There’s no point in me telling you what rate you need to achieve. It’s going to depend on too many factors. However, what I invite you to do is to see what your initial performance is and to always aim better by trying to understand each time: what can you test or improve?
Don’t forget to also study your conversion rates!
Don’t hesitate to subscribe to our newsletter to always have more information on the subject. It is made to help you succeed in your prospecting missions.
Conclusion of the article
Prospecting campaign : How to prospect via LinkedIn?
Our marketing tools coupled with complete articles on the best sales techniques of the year, allow you to :
- 🥇 Know your target.
- 🕵️ Make a good prospecting search.
- 🧨 Know where to find your target and export it in ProspectIn.
- 🤑 Launch an automated scenario.
- 💖 Apply some key best practices.
- 💌 Write the best prospecting messages.
- 🚀 Conduct performance tests.
- 🎉 Analyze your results.
Starting a sales campaign on LinkedIn has never been so much fun, admit it. 😜