LinkedIn is the ideal social network to position yourself as an expert on a theme and develop your branding. But the large number of publications can quickly cause your post to be lost in the midst of this continuous flow of information. What if we explain how to boost a post on LinkedIn?
What is the benefit of using LinkedIn?
As you probably know, LinkedIn is a professional social network that allows users to connect with each other, share content, discover job opportunities, grow their professional network and sometimes even form partnerships. There are many benefits to using LinkedIn that I will list for you 📄 now before we get into the meat of the posts.
#1 Develop your professional network
This is the first benefit of using LinkedIn. LinkedIn allows users to connect with colleagues, potential employers, clients and business partners. This can help build strong professional relationships and expand your network of contacts. As a recruiter, too, you can use LinkedIn very well to find your best talent. It’s a lot like normal social networking but with a professional twist.
By growing your network on LinkedIn, you can enjoy many professional 💖 benefits, as it allows you to connect with people who can help broaden your professional outlook.
#2 Discover job opportunities
LinkedIn is a useful tool for job seekers as it allows you to discover job openings, apply directly online and connect with potential employers. If you’re looking for a job, you have the option of writing a post mentioning what you’re looking for. Of course, to do this, you will need to have an audience on your profile. Having 3 connections is not going to give your post visibility.
#3 Faire une veille
It is possible to use this professional platform in order to keep up to date with what is going on in your sector. There are several ways to do this:
- Joining groups on LinkedIn that deal with the same news topics as you.
- By following hashtags that you have carefully selected.
- By following hashtags that you have carefully selected.
- By following people who inspire you.
- Subscribe to certain companies.
#4 Improve your visibility
Here we go! Finally the topic to boost visibility on LinkedIn! Being active on LinkedIn gives you the opportunity to improve your notoriety. Of course, it is through connections that we will do this but especially through your posts on this professional social network.
Of course, there are a few rules to follow such as:
- Create a complete profile on LinkedIn with your photo, resume, job title, banner and anything else they ask.
- Use relevant keywords related to what you do in your profile and posts to ensure people can find you when they search on LinkedIn.
- Liking ♥️ , commenting on and sharing other posts to engage with other creators.
- Share articles that speak to you by adding a comment.
- Create quality content (don’t be afraid to do A/B tests on your copywriting) and post regularly so that LinkedIn’s algorithm takes notice of you.
- Vulgarize your jargon so that your entire audience can understand you.
The quality of the post to guarantee its success
There is no secret, regular publications, quality content will invite likes, comments, shares, which will also please the LinkedIn algorithm.
For that, think about taking care of :
- Tone: Dare to be yourself. Don’t be afraid to use an offbeat tone if it suits you!
- The length: you have enough characters in a post to develop your ideas. Don’t be shy!
- Quality: try to provide concrete information for content that adds value. If you were your own client, what would you want to read?
- Call-to-action: what better way to get your readers to react, to make your posts known to as many people as possible!
- A visual: to catch the eye and grab attention rather than a long, soulless text!
All these elements will allow you to make a difference among the different posts spread throughout.
How does the LinkedIn algorithm work?
We’ve talked about it a bit during this article, but we’ll dive into this section in more detail.
LinkedIn’s algorithm works in a similar way to other social networks, using machine learning algorithms to personalize the search results and the publications displayed on the news feed of each user.
We can’t give you the exact answer as to how the algorithm works, which moreover, evolves very quickly.
What we do know is that it takes into account your interactions, your interests 😍 and who you interact with frequently. In addition, it takes into account different factors to determine which publications to post first, among which:
- Engagement (number of likes 👍, comments, shares) on posts.
- The interaction between users (professional links, comments).
- The frequency and date the publication was posted.
- The keywords used in the content of the publication.
Interaction, the best tip to boost a post on LinkedIn
Publishing content will have even more impact if the interaction is present. The presence of a call-to-action is of course part of the essential tips, but responding to your comments is just as important!
Take the time to respond to the comments and any questions your audience may have. Some reactions could inspire you to create new content, it would be a shame to miss it! And publishing for publishing’s sake is useless, your readers have taken the time to react, so do the same!
Don’t forget that the people in your network have access to your activity, they are the first to know about your ads. If they react, LinkedIn users in their network will then have access to your post. By inviting comments, you have a good chance that someone who is not (yet) part of your network will see one of your posts in their feed.
How to make a LinkedIn post go up?
You have posted a publication but you don’t have that many results? Here are some tips you can implement:
- Keywords: place them in a relevant way in your post so that they are easily found by LinkedIn users who are looking for information on your topic or a similar topic.
- Don’t hesitate to ask your contacts, friends and colleagues to go and like, comment and share your post to increase its visibility.
- Interact with your audience.
By the way, about this last point…
Solicit your network to boost a post
Your network, more or less close, could help you to boost a post on LinkedIn. For example, you can send them your last post via the messaging system with a personalized message explaining that this post might be of interest to them if they haven’t seen it yet.
And to boost your visibility, have you thought about pods? Pods are groups of members who share a common theme. When one of the members publishes on LinkedIn, the other users of the pod are informed of this publication and invited to react. This can be done automatically or manually.
The pod is of interest only if it is well-chosen in relation to your activity, your objective. This increases your engagement rate.
By using an appropriate tool, you can vary the audiences of the pods and thus deceive the LinkedIn algorithm in addition to making yourself known to more people. Using this type of tool also represents a real time saving in your communication since you can automate everything. To go further in this process, you can use prospecting tools. They allow you to create scenarios according to your objective, and you can control your activity in the blink of an eye from the dashboard. Ideal for adjusting your communication campaigns.
Conclusion of the article How to boost a post up on LinkedIn
We come to the end of the article and we could see different topics such as:
- The value of using LinkedIn to increase your web presence.
- Write a quality post.
- How LinkedIn’s algorithm works.
- How to booste a post.
- Interaction with your targets.
- Soliciting your network.
Now you know how to boost a post on LinkedIn. Have fun 😉.