How to prospect with LinkedIn effectively!
LinkedIn is one of the professional social networks. Long considered as a directory, this platform allows you to generate qualified traffic to your site and contributes to your branding by showing your expertise. We explain how to LinkedIn prospecting !
LinkedIn is the ideal place for prospecting. To start, it is essential to create an optimized profile by detailing your activity, your expertise, your field. The more information you give, the more you will make people want to know you. Think of your profile as your showcase!
The idea of LinkedIn is also to create interaction since it is possible to publish articles, posts, comment, share. By posting quality content, you position yourself as an expert in your field. By being active on the publications of others, you show them an interest, you can also provide additional information or simply exchange around a theme.
Finally, creating interaction also involves networking and this is the whole principle of LinkedIn: to grow your contacts, generate leads, attract new prospects. It’s a network where you have to be proactive. If you don’t have the time to publish content on a daily basis or if you don’t dare, you can participate in groups dedicated to your interests or also via private messaging. LinkedIn is a powerful tool that adapts to your personality, your goals provided you are regular and know how to take advantage of its many features. By staying hidden, it will be difficult to stand out and your prospects will not know you! Prospecting on LinkedIn is also about showing yourself!
Knowing how your target likes to interact, where to find them will also save you a lot of time. Take the time to observe their habits, analyze their behaviors to adapt your communication.
Before you start prospecting on LinkedIn, think about your strategy. This involves different steps such as :
- Identify your objectives: increase your mailing list, develop traffic to your website, cultivate your branding..
- Clearly define your offer: what do you have to sell? What is the added value of your products or services?
- Identify your target audience: who do you want to stand out and what do you have to offer them?
- Set up a content strategy to be more visible
- How to get in touch and how to obtain your target’s contact information, especially via the connection request and private messaging.
By knowing how to answer these questions, you will better determine your actions on LinkedIn and gain in efficiency. This means developing a communication strategy, adapting it to this network.
To get in touch, there are two methods:
- The principle of the open question allows you to show a real interest in your audience while quickly engaging the discussion. This method of qualitative approach is excellent to obtain more commitments, reactions but can be long since it is essential to maintain the discussions. This method is however good for selling a service activity for example. This method is also excellent for cultivating your personal branding!
- The quantitative method: the idea is to generate a maximum number of connections without falling into spamming. If time saving and optimization are the main motivations of this method, it can represent a loss of quality. It can be appropriate if your site converts easily, if you want to multiply your prospecting. This is the least used method on LinkedIn and we do not recommend it.
Waalaxy is the ideal tool for your canvassing as it allows you to access all LinkedIn features, in an automated way. This Chrome extension works by leaving your LinkedIn tab open on your browser, but you are free to use your computer as you wish during this time.
Starting with the free version, you can automate :
- Visiting profiles
- Follow-up on them,
- Connection requests
You can generate up to 15 actions per day for each of the activities listed. The paid version is a quality addition since you can create scenarios for each action. Ideal to target each of your actions. It allows you to generate more targeted actions and to refine your prospecting.
Waalaxy has the advantage of simulating human behavior. The goal is to protect your account from LinkedIn restrictions and generates randomly :
- Between 80 and 100 connection requests, visits and follow-ups
- 120 to 150 messages
If the threshold for these actions is reached, Waalaxy stops its activity for the day and resumes the next day so that you are not penalized by LinkedIn’s rules. The advantage of Waalaxy is that the automation of basic tasks allows you to save time. Your prospecting campaigns are optimized and profitable.
Waalaxy doesn’t stop there since you can create ” sequences ” to automate your marketing. You target your actions according to your objectives, your offer, your prospects by personalizing the content. For example, you can :
- Target the people you want to send a connection request to
- Personalize the notes so that you don’t look like a robot
- Follow up with a person who did not read your message
No less than 14 templates are available to start with this option while having the possibility to customize the actions for a communication that looks like you.
There are of course other features that will become essential to facilitate your prospecting process. You can then measure the impact from the Waalaxy dashboard. You will find all the statistics related to your LinkedIn activity: number of visits to your profile, the number of actions generated by type of action, campaign or other… Everything is centralized to measure the result of your prospecting at a glance and adjust your future actions accordingly. As you can see, Waalaxy will quickly become your best ally for prospecting on LinkedIn !