If you want to know how to view LinkedIn profiles anonymously, then follow this tutorial 👇 :
- Log in to your LinkedIn account page.
- Go to your profile, “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click on “How others see your activity on LinkedIn”.
- Turn on Private Mode to make your activity on LinkedIn invisible.
By switching your profile to private mode, you can use the LinkedIn social network normally and view LinkedIn profiles anonymously, i.e., without appearing in view notifications. 🔎This is convenient for surfing the B2B network anonymously and protecting your privacy and security online.
How to view LinkedIn profile in private mode?
To make this change, simply go anonymous in “Settings & Privacy”. ⚙️
Then in the “How others see your activity on LinkedIn” tab. Then simply check your “Private Mode” to make your profile account invisible:💧
This method can be interesting if you work in the recruiters’ industry, for example. By making this choice, you won’t see who came to visit your profile. Or if you simply do not want to be seen by the people you are looking for. 🕵️
How to turn on private mode on LinkedIn? How to search on LinkedIn in incognito mode?
By unchecking the “profile visibility outside of LinkedIn” option, your profile will no longer be visible from LinkedIn partners or, simply, from a search engine. You have the ability to set the visibility in your profile by registered and non-registered members, and to disable certain parts of your profile. 🤐
People not registered on the LinkedIn network access your profile from a search engine, only public account information will then be visible. By taking the action of hiding your public LinkedIn profile, your LinkedIn profile will no longer appear in search browser results. 💡
In general, LinkedIn profiles appear in the top search results. So your profile is easily accessible if it’s in public mode. All the more reason to learn how to enable this option, wanting to remain anonymous on LinkedIn. 👀
Nevertheless, if you have optimized your LinkedIn profile, it is a real advantage for you to leave it public! 😏
It may take a few days for changes to take effect when you request to switch your professional profile from “public” to “private”. 🙏
Conclusion: How to make LinkedIn private for profile viewing?
If you want to become anonymous LinkedIn users, there is a simple solution 🤫 :
- Click on the “Me” section in the upper-right dropdown menu, and go to your “Settings & Privacy” :
- Go to the “Visibility” section, and scroll to “Profile Viewing Options”. Then proceed to click “Change profile” :
- You will then have the option to display your profile as “Anonymous LinkedIn Member” :
This way, when you visit or perform any other action on someone else’s profile, your name will not appear. 👻 This allows you to block a user profile in “private mode”, but there is no other way to be anonymous on the web, without first making a profile visit. 👁
FAQ: How to look at someone’s LinkedIn privately?
How to look at profiles on LinkedIn anonymously? Does LinkedIn show who viewed your profile?
To find out who is viewing your LinkedIn profile, you need to follow these steps 👇 :
- Click on the “You” icon to view your photo at the top of the homepage,
- Select settings, “View Profile.”
- From there, click on “Who viewed your profile” in your dashboard banner.
- Note: you can also access this personal information from the home page: under your LinkedIn profile picture in the left module of the LinkedIn profile page, then click on “Views of your profile”.
Moreover, with the private mode feature, you can make changes to your account to have several options to view your profile and that of other users of this social network. 👥
You don’t need to be a premium member, just adjust your profile settings, and you’re done! 🎲
Should you browse privately on LinkedIn, or with a public profile?
As you know, LinkedIn is the largest professional social network in the world, so it’s nice to know who can see your profile. 🧐
As a result, an inspiring personal profile is more likely to be visited. We highly recommend that you take special care and heat up your LinkedIn account, 🔥 because it can help you to:
- Find a job quickly (think of an employer who may come to inquire about your skills).
- Sell your products more easily. Using a content strategy, to grow your professional network.
Finally, it’s up to you, either you leave your social media profile in public or you put it in private browsing mode. Knowing that you may have fewer connections if you use this anonymous way, but your privacy will probably be more protected.
Either way, you now know how to view LinkedIn profiles anonymously! 🚀