How to use the CRM synchronization feature with ProspectIn and Zapier?
Looking to connect ProspectIn with Zapier?
Thanks to the “Triggers” update (see article), it is now possible to automatically export prospects from ProspectIn to most CRMs, via Zapier synchronization. This synchronization can be a little tricky. We’ll explain everything here! 😁
What is Zapier and Triggers?
Zapier is a tool that allows you to synchronize more than 2,000 applications and software, all on a very simple interface. Discover Zapier.
Triggers allow you to automate actions on incoming events (invitation request, new message sent…) and create outgoing events (sending to Zapier, sending a message, etc …).
How to connect Zapier to ProspectIn?
- Zapier’s pricing is based on the number of actions performed. In order to reduce costs, we have implemented a group sending system, updating prospects 10 by 10 in your CRM. To use ProspectIn and Zapier synchronization, you will need to perform a 3-step “Zap”, which is only available with a premium Zapier account (see Zapier prices)
- ProspectIn Triggers are only available on the Advanced (and Enterprise) plan.
1. Create the Zap
Click on “Make a Zap!” then search for “Webhook By Zapier” => “Catch Hook” and click on “Continue”. You’ll get a URL to copy.
2. Create the Trigger on ProspectIn
Go to the “Triggers” tab in the backoffice of ProspectIn. Choose “Create” and define the input event you want. For example, if you want to automatically synchronize prospects who have responded in your CRM, choose “Has replied”.
For your output event, choose “Export to my own CRM”. Copy the Zap URL previously obtained and click on “Save and start”.
The validation sends a request to Zapier to start synchronization.
3. Synchronize and test
Click on “Continue” and “Test & Review”. You should have “Hook A”: this corresponds to the test data that was sent. It provides Zapier with the format of the data to be processed.
Click on “Done editing”
4. Format your data
This step allows you to define the keys and the associated data that you will export to your CRM. For example, if the field in your CRM is “Email”, you will create an “Email” key associated with the “Email” data received in the Zapier Webhook.
- Click on “Do this”. Look for “Formatter” and select “Formatter By Zapier” then “Text”. Go to the next step. Choose “Split Text”.
- You need to create one step for each data requested. In this instance, we want to retrieve emails. So we select the Email input and enter “,” as a separator, and select “All (as Line-items)” in Segment.
NB: As we send bulk data, some information may at times be re-grouped in the same row on Google sheet. Following these steps will avoid this.
- Do the same for every variable you want:
5. Define your output action
If you want to export in another CRM, you’ll need to create a second zap after this one. You need to use a Google sheet to separate bulk data.
- Click on “+”.
- Find your desired app. In this case, “Google Sheet”. In the “Choose action event” box, choose “Create Spreadsheet Row(s) in Google Sheets“. (The plural (s) is important)
- Click on “Continue” to synchronize with Google Sheet and retrieve the correct URL.
- Choose the Excel sheet to export your data to. Then enter the data
- Click on “Continue” then “Test & Continue” then “Done editing”
NB: We’ve updated this article since it first written, but note that where you see “Update Spreadsheet Row”, you will actually need to select “Create Spreadsheet Row(s)”.
Well done! Your data will now be automatically synchronized!
6. Export in a different CRM other than Google sheet
We’re going to stop here for this tutorial, but by no means are your exports limited to Google Sheets. You can export to many many more CRMs. To do so, you will need a two-step zap:
- Step 1: Trigger – Google Sheets : New spreadsheet Row
- Step 2: Action – CRM : Create/Update Contact
What you need to know about ProspectIn – Zapier sync
You can create as many triggers as you want to send to the same Zap. Please note that if the prospect’s email is not retrieved, your Trigger may fail.
Do not hesitate to contact us on support if you have any questions! 😘
Now you know how to connect Zapier and ProspectIn together! 🚀